近日，我們得悉有人在未經糸東流香港空手道會(下稱“本會”)及本會日本總部正道糸東流宗家摩文仁司(下稱“正道宗家”)的同意下，私下向香港政府知識產權署(IPD)注冊本會的會章，即正道宗家的家紋。經調查發現，該名商標註冊的申請人為Wai Siu Ching ，從申請人成功注冊糸東流空手道香港振武會(下稱“振武會”)的會章，我們估計Wai Siu Ching 與振武會有關。對於他私下挪用本會會章及進行惡意的商標注冊行為，我們深感憤怒，並予以最强烈譴責。本會現作以下聲明：
2. 本會隸屬正道糸東流日本空手道會，該圓形徽章入面載有糸東流三個字，此徽章原屬於摩文仁司宗家所擁有，並於世界各國正道糸東流沿用已久，正道宗家從沒有允許任何人士包括Wai Siu Ching作出該等註冊行為。本會已獲正道宗家授權，去阻止上述惡意註冊會章的卑劣行為。本會對Wai Siu Ching的行為亦予以強烈譴責，並保留一切法律追究權利。
3. 香港空手道界各屬會一直保持互相尊重，以互不干涉的前題下各自發展，從未出現如盜賊般的卑劣行為。為了繼續維護本會及香港糸東流的尊嚴及空手道界的和諧發展，本會現要求Wai Siu Ching立即放棄有關註冊，並向本會作出道歉聲明，否則本會定必追究到底。
備註: 有關上述商標注冊的詳情可透過IPD網站查詢 (http://ipsearch.ipd.gov.hk).
Recently, we realized that someone, without the approval of Shitoryu Hong Kong Karate Do Kai (SHKK) and Tsukasa Mabuni Soke of Shito-Ryu International Karate Do Kai (SRIK), had secretly submitted an application to Intellectual Property Department of Hong Kong (IPD) for registering the logo of SHKK. Investigation revealed that the applicant was Wai Siu Ching who was believed to be associated with Hong Kong Shitoryu Shinbukai. In respect of his appropriation and evilly registration of our logo, we are angry with and condemned for such monstrous malfeasance. In view of the above circumstances, we have the following declaration:
1. The said logo belonged to Mabuni family. No one is allowed to register the said logo without the authority or approval from Tsukasa Mabuni Soke. The said trademark registration is illegally appropriated and we treated it as contempt of SHKK as well as SRIK. We feel angry and are surprised with such non-respectful behavior.
2. SHKK is affiliated and registered with SRIK. The logo of SRIK, which bear the Japanese words of Shitoryu “糸東流” in the middle of the logo, was owned by Tsukasa Mabuni Soke, and has been widely used by other shitoryu dojos for years. As we know, Tsukasa Soke had never authorized anyone including Wai Siu Ching to register their logo in Hong Kong. Recently, SHKK had obtained the approval from Tsukasa Soke to stop the registration by Wai Siu Ching. Wai Siu Ching is deserved condemnation for his illegal logo registration, and we reserve the legal right to pursue his illegal behavior.
3. The karate in Hong Kong is healthily developed because of our mutual understanding and respect towards each other. The said registration is so mean that it had never been appeared in Hong Kong. Therefore, for the sake of protecting the dignity of SHKK as well as Shitoryu and keeping the harmony in developing the karate in Hong Kong, we strongly request Wai Siu Ching to give up the registration and to make a public statement for apologizing his despicable behavior. Otherwise, we will take necessary action to pursue the matter until it is settled.
Shitoryu Hong Kong Karate Do Kai
Remarks: Details of the above trade mark registration can be queried at IPD website (http://ipsearch.ipd.gov.hk).